Portfolios are usually associated with creative professionals, but did you know that an online portfolio can be an important tool in everyone’s professional arsenal? Take marketers, for example. You wouldn’t think that a marketing portfolio could be the key to professional success. But think again because an online portfolio is the best way of giving easy-to-understand and presentable evidence of your marketing campaigns’ success.
Portfolios are an amazing tool that helps you visually illustrate your work’s actual quality. Thanks to website builder platforms, creating your very own online portfolio is easier than ever.
In this article, we look at some of the best portfolio website builder platforms of the year. Hopefully, this can help you in your search to find the best portfolio builder for your needs!
Best Portfolio Website Builders Reviews
Pixpa is an all-in-one website building solution that has been designed keeping in mind the needs of creators and small businesses. The platform offers extensive website-building tools and features that are ideally suited for creating online portfolios. Pixpa started specifically as a tool for portfolio building. While it has grown and evolved to become a much more comprehensive, full-featured, DIY website builder, its main strength is its online portfolio builder platform.
- No-code website builder platform. Use the intuitive visual editor and drag and drop page builder to create your online portfolio without touching a single line of code.
- Beautiful, professional, mobile-optimized portfolio website templates.
- E-commerce galleries enable creators to use their online portfolio website as an effective e-commerce and business platform.
- Client galleries and mobile gallery apps simplify the client proofing workflow for photographers.
- Extensive and integrated SEO and marketing features.
- 24×7 customer support through email and livechat.
- SSL security on all websites.
Pixpa offers three different tiers of pricing plans:
- Personal – $7 per month
- Expert – $10 per month
- Business – $16 per month
Wordpress.com is an easy-to-use website builder platform from Wordpress. It is different from their other service, Wordpress.org, a well-known open-source content management system. Wordpress.org is extremely powerful and customizable but also complicated and requires coding and technical knowledge. Wordpress.com, on the other hand, is much more user-friendly but offers fewer features and customization options.
- Easy to use and streamlined interface with a good range of templates.
- Affordable pricing and a freemium model.
- One of the best blogging platforms on the market.
- Use plug-ins to add more features and functionality to your website.
- E-commerce features are available at higher pricing tiers.
- Customer support through email and livechat.
Wordpress.com uses a freemium model with a free plan and four tiers of paid pricing plans:
- Personal – $4/month
- Premium – $8/month
- Business – $25/month
- E-Commerce – $45/month
Wix is a website builder platform that gives you complete creative control over the look and feel of your website. The drag and drop interface and fully customizable templates make Wix one of the most customizable website builder platforms out there. Like Wordpress.com, Wix also uses a freemium model, with free as well as premium plans. The creative freedom and flexibility offered by the platform along with its freemium model, make Wix one of the most popular portfolio builders at the moment.
- Over 800+ fully customizable templates.
- High level of creative flexibility with a drag and drop interface and intuitive ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence).
- The freemium pricing model allows you to create a website for free by agreeing to run ads.
- Mobile editor allows for creating perfectly mobile-optimized websites.
- SEO tools to ensure good organic reach for your website.
Wix uses a freemium model with a free plan and four tiers of paid plans:
- Combo – $14/month
- Unlimited – $18/month
- Pro – $23/month
- VIP – $39/month
Weebly is yet another intuitive and straightforward website-building tool for creating online portfolios. The design interface is easy to use and understand, making it ideal for users with advanced technical skills. The structured templates help reduce the margin for error and make the design experience uncomplicated. The downside to this feature is that it makes Weebly less flexible and customizable than some of its competitors. However, it is still a fantastic tool for beginners learning about website building.
- It is easy to use and has a simple website design interface with a drag and drop website builder.
- 50+ websites with beautiful and well-designed website templates.
- Affordable pricing plans and a freemium model where you can create a website for free by allowing ads.
- Ability to use custom code for further customization.
- Well-optimized to handle larger websites.
Weebly uses a freemium model with a free plan and four tiers of paid plans:
- Connect – $5/month
- Pro – $12/month
- Business – $25/month
- Business Plus – $38/month
Webflow is a website builder platform that straddles the line between simplicity and sophistication. The platform allows you to use a visual designer to generate your custom code. Webflow does have a steep learning curve and is not very beginner-friendly. However, it is an incredibly powerful and sophisticated tool for online portfolio building once you get past that.
- Full-fledged content management system (CMS) that can be a one-stop-shop for handling all your website needs.
- An extremely sophisticated hybrid web design platform that integrates ease of use with advanced features and functionality.
- Easily add and edit content without changing any of the website’s underlying structure.
- 25+ professionally designed templates.
Webflow offers four tiers of paid plans:
- Basic – $12/month
- CMS – $16/month
- Business – $36/month
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
So there we have it! These are some of the best online portfolio-building tools currently on the market. While each software program has its features, strengths, and weaknesses, they are all extremely well designed and perfect for creating stunning professional portfolios. We hope this article was helpful to you. Have fun creating your very own professional portfolio website.
Information provided on Photutorial is for educational purposes only. Your situation is unique and the products and services we review may not be right for your circumstances. We do not offer financial advice, nor do we recommend or advise individuals to buy or sell particular stocks or services. Performance information may have changed since the time of publication. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
Photutorial adheres to strict editorial integrity standards. To the best of our knowledge, all content is accurate as of the date posted, though offers contained herein may no longer be available. The opinions expressed are the author’s alone and have not been provided, approved, or otherwise endorsed by our partners.