Canva Pro is a popular graphic design platform that offers a wide range of features, such as templates, images, and an easy-to-use editor. Many students search for a Canva Pro student discount to access these powerful tools at a reduced price. However, there is no specific student discount available for Canva Pro. But don’t worry—Canva offers Canva for Education, a free alternative specifically designed for teachers and eligible students.
So, how much is Canva Pro for students? Canva Pro is 100% free for students and teachers at eligible schools.
What is Canva for Education: A free alternative
Canva for Education is a free platform designed for teachers and eligible students at K-12 schools. It offers a comprehensive set of features, including:
- Access to thousands of high-quality educational templates
- Class space for teachers and students to share, review, and manage their work
- Premium content and graphics with an easy drag-and-drop editor
- Integration with core classroom tools, such as Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams
Benefits of Canva for Education
Canva for Education provides several benefits to teachers, students, and educational institutions, including:
- Access to premium features: Canva for Education offers a variety of premium features, such as access to millions of images, fonts, and templates, which can enhance the quality and appeal of educational materials.
- Collaboration: Teachers and students can work together on projects in real-time, making it easier to share ideas, provide feedback, and create engaging content.
- Lesson planning: Canva for Education includes ready-to-use lesson plan templates and resources, simplifying the process of creating and organizing educational content.
- Skill development: By using Canva for Education, students can develop their design and creativity skills, preparing them for success in the modern workforce.
Remember that Canva for Education is an excellent resource for eligible K-12 teachers and institutions, providing powerful tools and resources to enhance teaching and learning experiences. Don’t forget to check your eligibility and sign up today to unlock a world of creative possibilities.
Canva believes that learning is a gift, which is why they offer Canva for Education for free to eligible teachers and students worldwide without any geographical restrictions. However, it’s essential to note that Canva for Education is currently available only for K-12 (primary or secondary) teachers and institutions and not for higher education teachers and institutions (colleges and universities).
To qualify for Canva for Education access, you must be actively involved in one of the following roles:
- A certified K-12 (primary or secondary) teacher from a formally accredited school, currently in a teaching position
- A certified K-12 (primary or secondary) school librarian
- A certified K-12 (primary or secondary) learning support assistant or teacher
- A certified K-12 (primary or secondary) curriculum specialist
- A certified teacher at a technical or vocational school, serving primary or secondary students (or equivalent)
- Google Certified Educators (GCEs), Google Certified Trainers (GCTs), and Microsoft Innovative Educators (MIEs) teaching at a K-12 (primary or secondary) level
The following organizations are also eligible for Canva for Education access:
- Government recognized, formally accredited K-12 (primary, secondary, or pre-college) schools
- School districts
- Departments of education
- Other global school systems
Your access to Canva for Education will last as long as you remain an active and eligible teacher or organization. All Canva for Education users must re-verify their credentials every three years.
Who is not eligible for Canva for Education?
- Certified K-12 (primary or secondary) teachers not currently in teaching positions
- Public librarians (e.g., city or county librarians)
- Preschool or daycare assistants
- Homeschool educators not licensed or employed with a K-12 institution
- Private, volunteer, or online tutors
- Colleges, universities, and other higher education institutions, including lecturers and staff
- College and university students
- Continuing/further education institutions
- Adult education institutions
- Organizations providing extracurricular activities outside of school
- Non-profit organizations not delivering teaching directly (note: Canva offers a separate non-profit program with its own eligibility guidelines)
- Early-stage start-ups with an educational focus
- Parents of children in K-12 (primary or secondary) education
How to prove eligibility for Canva for Education?
If you sign up for Canva for Education with a verified educational email domain, you’ll gain access right away. If you don’t have a verified email, you can upload a photo or scanned copy of one of the approved documents, and Canva will review your application within 48 hours.
Approved documents include:
- Photo or scan of a license/certification indicating teaching qualification
- Photo or scan showing employment status at a school, e.g., a letter of employment
- Photo or scan of school ID indicating teaching status
- Document proving an organization’s status as a government recognized, formally accredited K-12 (primary, secondary, or pre-college) educational institution
How to Sign Up for Canva for Education
- Visit Canva’s official website and navigate to the Canva for Education page.
- Click on the “Get Started” button to begin the registration process.
- If you have a verified educational email domain, enter your email address and follow the prompts. You’ll gain immediate access to Canva for Education.
- If you don’t have a verified educational email domain, you’ll need to provide additional documentation to prove your eligibility. Click on the appropriate link to upload a photo or scanned copy of one of the approved documents mentioned earlier. Canva will review your application within 48 hours.
Once you have access to Canva for Education, you can explore a wide range of features tailored for teaching and learning, such as lesson plan templates, educational presentations, and collaborative tools. Additionally, Canva for Education offers extensive resources to help teachers integrate design and creativity into their curriculum, promoting student engagement and critical thinking.
Other ways to save on Canva Pro
If you are not eligible for Canva for Education, there are still ways to save on Canva Pro:
- Keep an eye out for promotional offers or discounts that Canva may provide from time to time
- Consider using the free version of Canva, which offers a wide range of features and templates for various design needs
Although there is no specific Canva Pro student discount, Canva for Education serves as an excellent free alternative for teachers and eligible students. With its comprehensive features and easy-to-use interface, Canva for Education can significantly enhance the learning and teaching experience. So, if you’re a teacher or an eligible student, explore Canva for Education and unlock your creative potential in the classroom today. For those who don’t qualify for Canva for Education, remember to check for promotional offers or make use of the free version of Canva to meet your design needs.