We do not recommend PxBee for stock photos because it costs the same as the best stock photo sites, it has significantly lower quality images and worse licensing terms. In addition, there is no free trial and the subscription images may only be used during the valid subscription plans. Finally, numerous grammatical errors on the website made us doubt the legitimacy.
- Broad royalty-free license.
- Integrated into Fotor Design.
- The Subscription License expires after you cancel the subscription plan.
- Expensive considering the quality and variety of images.
- No free trial.
PxBee sells stock photos with subscriptions and on-demand.
Subscriptions come with the Subscription License, which acts like a royalty-free license while you’re subscribed. But as soon as you cancel the plan, you may no longer use the downloaded images.
If you don’t use all the downloads in a given month, up to 250 can be rolled over to the next month.
Subscriptions are the best choice when you need downloads regularly. However, we don’t recommend subscribing to PxBee’s plans for two reasons. First, you may no longer use the images after you cancel the subscription. Second, the prices are higher than at better stock photo sites with higher diversity and quality.
You cannot save with image packs because PxBee offers single downloads only. Therefore, the on-demand option is more expensive compared to other stock photo sites.
On-demand downloads come with the Standard RF License, which is a standard royalty-free license.
|Small||$2.99/image||72 dpi (~3% of the original resolution)|
|Medium||$4.99/image||300 dpi (~16% of the original resolution)|
|Large||$9.99/image||300 dpi (original resolution)|
On-demand purchases do not come in bulk, resulting in relatively high prices. Again, compared to top stock photo sites, PxBee’s on-demand downloads are more costly but worse in quality.
You can buy the extended licenses as a one-off purchase for $99.99/image. The extended license at PxBee is priced above average compared to other stock photo sites.
|Subscription License||Standard RF License||Extended RF License|
|Royalty-free||Limited time only||✓||✓|
|Duration||During subscribed period||Permanent||Permanent|
|Used outside of Fotor Design?||✓||✓||✓|
PxBee Review FAQs
Is PxBee safe and legit?
Does PxBee have a free trial?
No, PxBee doesn’t have a free trial or any other means of getting free stock photos. The cheapest way to get stock photos at Pxbee is with annual subscriptions with the 750 monthly downloads plan, which costs $0.27/image.
To accurately review PxBee, we took a holistic view of 31 stock photo agencies that incorporated image number, quality, variety, prices and pricing options, licensing terms, features, and customer support.
- Image quality & variety: 20% of the score. We browsed each stock photo site for over 50 search terms and analyzed the resulting image quality and variety. Both were scored qualitatively based on our expertise and experience. The quality check comprised technical quality, including exposure, sharpness, grain, saturation, color temperature, and added value. The variety check was primarily focused on checking what percentage of images came from the same photo shoot.
- Stock photo prices and pricing options: 20% of the score. Price is crucial in choosing stock photos, and having various options helps customers find the best plans. We checked whether the stock photo agency offers subscriptions, on-demand options, and which sizes. In addition, having a free trial is a bonus as it allows customers to get an insight into what they can expect. Finally, we considered the minimum, median, and maximum price per image and the price per extended license image.
- Licensing terms: 20% of the score. We read and took notes on every stock image license. We compared them based on how many copies, reprints, impressions they allow, and indemnity value.
- Image number: 15% of the score. The number of images is essential when rating stock photo sites because you can quickly run out of free photos when you need thousands of images. We checked each stock photo site’s database and took notes on the number of images.
- Additional features: 15% of the score. Additional features are meant to simplify or enhance a customer’s workflow. We reviewed and tested all the additional features where possible. Since some are limited to enterprises, or we couldn’t get in touch with the support team, we searched for customers with access to the additional features and asked for their opinion.
- Customer support: 10% of the score. Crucially, when testing customer support, we didn’t tell them who we were, so we got treated like every other customer. We took notes of the response times, contact options (live chat, email, and telephone), and the usefulness and kindness of the support teams.
Within each category, we also considered several characteristics, the number of images per most popular searches, technical quality, and added value. We also looked at the variety of pricing plans, minimum, median, and maximum image prices, and free trial terms. Finally, we evaluated PxBee’s customer support, licensing, and additional features that would enhance customers’ workflow.